Recyling empty automotive fluid containers

Talk about almost anything you want
pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Recyling empty automotive fluid containers

Post by pointsnorth »

Alberta has a recycling system in place where you get 5 cents 1 per litre capacity of bottle. is there something like that here in bc. Ive enquiried locally and had no success

Shancerlelby
Forum Newbie
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: Recyling empty automotive fluid containers

Post by Shancerlelby »

That'd be amazing. I'm pretty sure we pay the same guys that pump our oil to grab our empties

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Johnny5
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Johnny5 »

If there’s a deposit on it someone might take it but since we pay no deposit I bet there’s no insentive to recycle.
The truth really is money far before people actually caring to recycle. And since more than 75 percent of our recycling gets melted and thrown out or dumped in ocean I’m betting no one wants the oil containers.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 142 times
Been Liked: 49 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

I believe places that sell oil have to take them back, and that's about it. The dump here takes them and oil for free, or did at least, you could tell them all you had was used oil and they wouldn't charge you.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

Johnny5 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:59 am If there’s a deposit on it someone might take it but since we pay no deposit I bet there’s no insentive to recycle.
The truth really is money far before people actually caring to recycle. And since more than 75 percent of our recycling gets melted and thrown out or dumped in ocean I’m betting no one wants the oil containers.
we actually do pay for the deposit on every bottle. they call it an enviro fee at most places.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 142 times
Been Liked: 49 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

pointsnorth wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:18 am
Johnny5 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:59 am If there’s a deposit on it someone might take it but since we pay no deposit I bet there’s no insentive to recycle.
we actually do pay for the deposit on every bottle. they call it an enviro fee at most places.
Yeah, but it's a fee, not a deposit. Hence why I believe anywhere that sells oil has to take them (and the oil). You've already paid for the disposal up front.

It pisses me off when the dump would try to charge for tires. No, I already paid the fee (or whoever bought them new did at least), you don't get to charge it again. :rolleyes: