Why is this site not secure?

Talk about almost anything you want
Provience
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 2 times

Re: Why is this site not secure?

Post by Provience »

Johnny5 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:57 am
Provience wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:51 pm i'm glad it was able to be fixed! sadly for you, this means you're slowly letting more toyota builds on here :eek:
Lol must be a jeep guy eh? Hahaha
Jeep = Merica!
Toyota = muhamad Gha! Terrorists :stirpot:
die hard toyota guy, so much so that despite all reasonable advice, i'm building my current rig around toyota axles :laughing: when i scrapped out my last toyota body, my wife even gave me shit because she had a 4runner and was "The only real toyota owner in the house" :devil:

jeep = eurofag
toyota = freedom wagon :flipoff: apparently even hodgie thinks so :eek:
Up is difficult, down is dangerous

Provience
Actually Wheels

Post by Provience »

minor update, you've been whitelisted and i can now view from a work computer :)

thank you for getting the http S in place

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Sweet. :smokin:

Now if I could just figure out where exactly we're getting a slowdown that's causing a server timeout every now and then. I have an update to apply to the forum software one of these nights, so I'll start with that I guess.

Provience
Actually Wheels

Post by Provience »

i couldn't get the home page to load, just a spinny circle. typed in the forum directly and it came up without issues.

Dept of Deference network, so i just figured it was an issue on my side

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Provience wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:24 pm i couldn't get the home page to load, just a spinny circle. typed in the forum directly and it came up without issues.

Dept of Deference network, so i just figured it was an issue on my side
The home page is a fucking annoyance. I need to redo it with some other software. The site builder I used (provided by the host, which I am none to happy with) embedded a bunch of scripts and linkback shit to their own domain. That is likely what will not load, as it is not HTTPS in nature, and they embedded it in a manner that the page will not function without it loading. It's basically exactly what I hate in websites, bloat and tracking for no fucking reason. It also means that if they went under then the homepage will not function. :rolleyes:

So I think Wordpress is the solution? I don't know. The last time I'd made websites before this I hand coded them in HTML. That was a while ago. :lmao:

Provience
Actually Wheels

Post by Provience »

well, ya know, the spacejam website from 1996 still works just damn fine today :flipoff:

for something that is just a splash screen, with a nice picture and a link to here, i'm not sure that the main page needs to be anything complicated.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

It doesn't need to be super complicated, and while AG Jeff is a giant cuckold strap on penetration receiver, you do need to have some basic coding in the site to automatically resize for mobile views to make the search engines happy. Yeah, they don't care that much in there isn't any real content on the home page, but if they see it as the home page and it being "less than ideal" will push the entire site down in the search results. And honestly I liked how I made the home page look and function, even if it's just a barbie jeep picture and some buttons. :laughing:

So, if I get some time I'll find something to redo it with.

There's lots of things on the list honestly. It all takes time.

Provience
Actually Wheels

Post by Provience »

i agree, i think it has a good feel to it.

beats this shit out of have "current events" that get 1 update every 5 years :laughing:

all the forums from back in the day, not just pirate, seemed to have a website that was originally supposed to be the point and the board was just 'some fun add on'.....and then it overshadowed and all of them neglected their main pages. super annoying.

i've actually bookmarked your main page to start with instead of going to the forum directly. figure if nothing else it 'adds clicks' and shit, but it also isn't unbearable and full of ads and popups. it's like some throwback to when the internet was simple and for information, but with a big picture that would never load on 56k :lmao: