DOM tubing supplier

Talk about almost anything you want
Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 47 times

DOM tubing supplier

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Does anyone know anywhere online that sells 3" DOM (.375 or .500 wall probably, something like that)?

Encore is hard to deal with at the best of times...

Provience
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 2 times

Re: DOM tubing supplier

Post by Provience »

http://www.scotindustries.com/locations.php

these are the folks i use, they deliver from WA the whole of the west coast, if you are near anything related to oil, they've probably got a run heading your way.

cash/check only, but because they only deal in round metal they are easy to get along with. not sure how they work in Canada, but they do go there and have an east coast in canada office
Up is difficult, down is dangerous

HillBilt
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by HillBilt »

Is Encore the company that bought out TNS tubing?
Building Junk-Wheeling Junk-Breaking Junk

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

HillBilt wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:13 pm Is Encore the company that bought out TNS tubing?
Yeah.

They're pretty much completely against cash customers and have terrifying pricing if you are one.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by Snowracer »

like i said in the other thread, check out Western Canadian Rockwell. shipping might suck as they are in Alberta but might be able to figure something out

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Snowracer wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:20 am like i said in the other thread, check out Western Canadian Rockwell. shipping might suck as they are in Alberta but might be able to figure something out
Will do. I think they're somewhere in middle Alberta so if they have it I might be able to pick it up.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by Snowracer »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:17 am
Snowracer wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:20 am like i said in the other thread, check out Western Canadian Rockwell. shipping might suck as they are in Alberta but might be able to figure something out
Will do. I think they're somewhere in middle Alberta so if they have it I might be able to pick it up.
just outside of Red Deer

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Snowracer wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:25 am
Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:17 am
just outside of Red Deer
They can get it and it wouldn't be tooooo terrible if I pick it up.

Going to see who else might have some.

HMF
Forum Addict
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by HMF »

Let me know what you need and I'll get you a price though work

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

HMF wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:43 pm Let me know what you need and I'll get you a price though work
I think 5' of 3x.375 or 3x.500 should do it.

This is for a project that's a dumb idea so I haven't really pulled the trigger on committing. :lmao:

HMF
Forum Addict
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by HMF »

Okay I'll see what I can come up with. What's the dumb idea? Do share

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

HMF wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:21 pm Okay I'll see what I can come up with. What's the dumb idea? Do share
Dumb idea:

Buy Snowracer's cast wedge D44 garbage and retube it for use in my Comanche. This makes no sense other than it could be a little cheaper but a ton more work than just buying a JK front axle. I mean barely cheaper and like 9000 times the work. The other potential dumb idea with that is to put some BJ D60 outers on it at the same time, since I've got some. At least going 8 lug would let me run wheels I have too.

Other dumb idea:

Since I've already wasted time and effort doing the first dumb idea, I might as well build a HP D60 rear. Ive always wanted to do this, and it's not like I could break it with 33s. I have one lying around, I mean most of 3 actually, and I've got some 14 bolt hubs and spindles lying around. Dutchman makes 35 spline 14 bolt shafts for not too much money. I don't have a good solution for a parking brake with this setup, but not having solved problems wouldn't prevent me from doing it.

If I do both I might need more or slightly different tube. D60s are 3.25" if I remember correctly. This is preliminary pricing stuff to see if we reach a suitable level of stupid to proceed or not.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Oh yeah, can you get precision ground barstock? Or something like that which is guaranteed to be straight? 1" or so, I guess a guy would need like 70" of it to be safe.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote:Oh yeah, can you get precision ground barstock? Or something like that which is guaranteed to be straight? 1" or so, I guess a guy would need like 70" of it to be safe.
I’d be interested in some of that as well. Looks like im going to be axle housing building in the next few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HillBilt
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by HillBilt »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:14 pm
HMF wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:21 pm Okay I'll see what I can come up with. What's the dumb idea? Do share
Dumb idea:

Buy Snowracer's cast wedge D44 garbage and retube it for use in my Comanche. This makes no sense other than it could be a little cheaper but a ton more work than just buying a JK front axle. I mean barely cheaper and like 9000 times the work. The other potential dumb idea with that is to put some BJ D60 outers on it at the same time, since I've got some. At least going 8 lug would let me run wheels I have too.
I dont think this is a dumb idea at all. Ive always wanted to build a 44/60. I think a 44 center with D60 outers would be a great medium duty axle build, and if nothing else a fun project to hone some skills. But maybe were just both dumb... :lmao:
Building Junk-Wheeling Junk-Breaking Junk