The heck is Msn(bot)

Talk about almost anything you want
Johnny5
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 6 times

The heck is Msn(bot)

Post by Johnny5 »

I see these on here sometimes under registered users. Is it a bad thing or someone using some wierd way to check out the site?
Prob nothing just figured id ask cause i seen it sometimes.
Attachments
3DDA9B19-B86F-4695-9207-9D394C8A83E7.png

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Re: The heck is Msn(bot)

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

They're page indexers for search engines. They're just skimming through the forum and adding the content to the common search engines. Basically search engines can't really see the internet in real time, rather they have programs that browse around and record a condensed version of what is out there and then arrange it into an index that can be searched. If they notice a page has more traffic or generates more content they will visit it more often to ensure their index is accurate. And yeah, some people still use MSN to search the internet. :laughing:

I can hide their appearance somewhere I think, but they're not hurting anything. I can even block them, but that isn't a good idea since it's good to see they do show up from time to time as having the page indexed will mean people find it if they are searching.

Johnny5
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Johnny5 »

Oh ya so long as they dont hurt nothin, no harm in some kinda free advertising lol

Provience
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Provience »

there was a BING[bot] and an MSN[bot] on at the same time the other day, made me think of the old robot wars tv show :laughing:
Up is difficult, down is dangerous

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Provience wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:24 pm there was a BING[bot] and an MSN[bot] on at the same time the other day, made me think of the old robot wars tv show :laughing:
That show is still on. It just sucks now. :ogre:

Provience
Actually Wheels

Post by Provience »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:41 pm
Provience wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:24 pm there was a BING[bot] and an MSN[bot] on at the same time the other day, made me think of the old robot wars tv show :laughing:
wow :laughing: geez, by now you'd think it would be fucking awesome to compared to 20 years ago.

we were promised androids and flying cars damnit!

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Provience wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:04 pm
Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:41 pm
wow :laughing: geez, by now you'd think it would be fucking awesome to compared to 20 years ago.

we were promised androids and flying cars damnit!
It's overproduced garbage with a ton of rules. There's one robot that wins every time and all the other ones are basically clones of it but not as reliable. And some announcers that make the douches at KOH look like scholars. :lmao:

Provience
Actually Wheels

Post by Provience »

awesome and sad, there was so much potential there :laughing:

side note, i really need to figure out how to get involved in some event to be an announcer or do voice overs. talking loudly is one of the simple joys in life and i have certainly have the looks for radio :rasta: guess i need to be a pro-athlete in something first....