ICBC

Talk about almost anything you want
Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 47 times

ICBC

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

So I'm sitting in line here hoping to renew my insurance...

Anyone else think it's time for our state sponsored insurance ponzi scheme to get removed?

Like how can they not allow online renewals in 2020? How can they not offer multiple vehicle policies? How come not a single agent actually knows how you should register a pickup and trailer? Oh, it's because they have a monopoly and therefore providing the product or service that the consumer wants is not necessary.

:headbang:

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Re: ICBC

Post by Scoobienorth »

Honestly all insurance companies are crooks,plain and simple, they make money by screwing people and finding ways to not cover stuff that should be covered when you have an issue. I’m not sure trading one crook there you’re familiar with us better than adding a free for all with a bunch more.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Alberta does multiple vehicle policies at least. One of my friends has 8 or so vehicles, and with them all grouped together under one policy he's only paying about what we'd pay for 3. That's with allowing multiple drivers too.

If ICBC actually wanted to save money, which they don't really, they would allow online renewals and give you a discount for it. They pay these "agents" and agencies a ton of money to literally rubber stamp your renewal. There is no value in it, other than you don't have to fill anything out yourself. I'd rather not drive into town and wait around at the best of times, and this time it was almost 2 hours.

Their "occasionally driven vehicle" discount is a complete joke too. Renew for an entire year and if you drive under 5000km you get 10% off. No thanks, I'll just renew when I need it... which if I could do that online it would be a lot better.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

If they were actually offering the best product at the best price, they would have zero issue with allowing private insurance to compete since nobody would go the private route if it wasn't a better deal.

They won't allow it though.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

I think one crown company is better but it needs to be ran responsibly but it’s a disaster the way it is. Private insurance is only cheaper if you don’t have any issues.

Johnny5
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Johnny5 »

You can do the insurance over the phone. I actually like doin it this way.
It is a rip off tho. They need to audit these shops charging way too much just cause its an insurance claim and it wouldnt be so damn expensive

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

Johnny5 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:27 pm You can do the insurance over the phone. I actually like doin it this way.
It is a rip off tho. They need to audit these shops charging way too much just cause its an insurance claim and it wouldnt be so damn expensive
icbc sets the rate or cost per job. The body shop across the street just dropped their icbc accreditation as the owner said they have just been bleeding money the last few years. Icbc has now made it maditory that new vehicles have a full obd2 systems scan with some like the altus system snapon uses before they can get approval. That was 45 bucks in my pocket for every new vehicle that came to them as the owner didnt want to cough up the 10k for a decent scanner

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Brian in the Mitsubishi Jeep is a senior body guy at a Bannister auto body here in Vernon and ICBC’s pay rate is terrible. ICBC really needs a full restart to be functional. It’s a patchwork of things that don’t work.

Johnny5
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Johnny5 »

I say they over charge cause ive seen too many bills that are high just cause its insurance.
Had a window done on an s10 and bill was over 500 bucks, they charged 50 bucks for varsal, over 100 for sealant and then so much on top of that for “shop supplies”. Of coarse we only paid the deductible.
A few years later we looked into how much it cost without the deductable and turns out we got the next window for 150 bucks for everything.
I got more examples like that but just hate thinking about how shitty our system is in bc.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Yeah, the system is rotten and being abused. Hence I'm pretty much in the category of kill it or allow private competition.