TEFLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about almost anything you want
Muckin_Slusher
Forum Newbie
Been Liked: 1 time

TEFLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Muckin_Slusher »

So, at work I had to replace some equipment involved with squeezing gold from rock. Somebody else was in charge of ordering stuff, and being ignorant, he ordered the wrong stuff (well, the substantially more expensive stuff).

We had a piece of equipment that had plastic supporting and insulating bussbars (electrically). The guy in charge of ordering stuff ordered "teflon" since that is the name goobers use for all plastic, especially ice hut runners. Nevermind the fact that teflon is brittle in cold weather, ALL plastic is naturally "teflon" :rolleyes:

So, we got in some replacement parts made of actual fawking namebrand "teflon" at god knows what price point. The pieces ordered were longer than needed so we shortened them.

TLDR: I got a gate pass for a 4 foot chunk of actual Teflon. It's 1.5 inches thick and 4 inches wide.

So, what can I do with it?
P6170137.jpg
P6170138.jpg

Muckin_Slusher
Forum Newbie
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: TEFLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Muckin_Slusher »

Oh, and judging by Ebay, the smartest thing I could do is chunk it up into blocks and sell it there.

But that's boring.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 140 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

I'd sell it. Like you said it's not really that suitable for general usage due to getting brittle.

arse_sidewards
Forum Addict
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by arse_sidewards »

x2 on selling it.

Part of me says you should stick it in your stock pile but being hard and brittle makes is useless for basically all the things we want to use plastic for around here and in the rare case you might need it you could almost certainly use something else.