Canada Post?

Talk about almost anything you want
Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 141 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Canada Post?

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Anyone had anything shipped with them recently and found that the tracking is not working at all?

I've got a couple things in lala land with them apparently. Tracking for one is only that a label was created and they were going to pick it up, and that was days ago. The other scanned in at Montreal after pickup and has had no updates since, and that was over a week ago. The last thing I got showed almost no updates until after it was delivered, then it finally showed it went through Vancouver and was out for delivery.

Normal? Or do they just hate me? Their tracking used to be pretty reasonable in that it updated within an hour of the item hitting a scanning point. It's super annoying because I use the tracking to know if I should bother going to my mailbox to get the pickup ticket, since they won't actually deliver anything anyway, and my mailbox is on a street they no longer plow.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Re: Canada Post?

Post by pointsnorth »

Yeah it’s been hit and miss lately for me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

In fact most tracking for anyone right now is a crap shoot. Can par is still stating the set of 5 tires in my shop are still in transit and that the fifth one is missing. The fifth showed up Monday delivered by loomis with a can par incorrect postal code tag on it

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Well at least it's not me.

I do not understand how an automated system that just pulls data from the sorting scans can not work, assuming the packages are actually delivered (which so far I haven't had anything not make it here).

YellowJacket
Web Wheeler
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by YellowJacket »

Took two weeks for my sisters birthday card to make it down to the okanagan in regular mail... usually only takes a day or two.... they’re useless lately

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

That isn't promising. I wonder if the tracking is actually right in this case? One of these things was supposed to be here yesterday...

Joe_the_ice_man
Forum Addict
Has Liked: 41 times
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by Joe_the_ice_man »

Anything funded by the federal government is useless lately.

Well, more useless than usual. If there's essentially no competition, why do you have to be good?
'89 Sami 2.3,03-72LE - The Corona Wagon [url]https://forum.4x4north.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=216[/url]

'87 Sami, stockish drivetrain with CJ5 springs - Another unfinished Sami - find it yourself :razz:

'53 Willys CJ3b Buick 225,sm465,Dana 18,Dana 44s

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

True. They don't care. They get paid regardless of the job getting done or not. Customer satisfaction is not a factor.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

I did a little more digging.

Apparently MOST of their major sorting centers have overwhelmed to the point that they're not doing anything but stacking boxes up. Nothing is actually moving. Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal are worst. At this point if you want anything delivered before February do not ship Canada Post.