Not all JL’s created equal

Talk about almost anything you want
Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 67 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Not all JL’s created equal

Post by Scoobienorth »

Having 3 JL’s wheeling with us noticed some strange things. Brian with the Mitsubishi jeep which is down drove rigs back to back. The sport doesn’t seem to have the same throttle calibration as the rubicon. The jl sport is really hard to control and wants to spin the tires immediately where as the rubicon is a little more tractable down low. The other thing I noticed is that Scott’s jl 2 door with 3” terraflex lift(short arm, falcon 3.3 shocks) and 37 nitto trail grapplers does not have anywhere near the same traction as sheryls jlur which is stock suspension, 4 door with American adventure labs fender lights for clearance and running the same 37” trail grapplers . Scott’s 2 door won’t Keep up with my minivan and I thought it was the nitto trail grapplers but Sheryls stock 4 door with the exact same size tires as Scott’s 2 door at the same pressures on the same trails in similar conditions can leave my minivan behind. I would have thought the 2 door being lighter would work better. It’s a big difference, I’m not sure if it’s geometry, being lower is better, wheelbase, or the 4 door being newer is calibrated a bit differently making it easier to not spin.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Re: Not all JL’s created equal

Post by Scoobienorth »

ED14EA5D-4724-40D0-812A-76FDF6AF91EB.png
Sheryls stock rubi flexing with 37’s

arse_sidewards
Forum Addict
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Post by arse_sidewards »

OEMs have been doing this for years. My buddy has the outdoorsy lesbo trim Lesbaru and it will go up stuff it has no business going up. A different buddy has the mom trim Lesbaru, same model (outback) 1yr apart and it will throttle back and refuse to back a trailer up a hill because it thinks you're trying to peel out. Both these vehicles are 5yr old.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Funny you mention the models, sheryls the one that does better is the hard rock edition where Scott’s is a standard rubicon

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

Getting a throttle control module like a pedal commander would fix some of those issues you seem to be experiencing. Either by dumbing down the throttle of turning it up to have a crisper throttle response

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk