Talk about almost anything you want
Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 67 times
Been Liked: 60 times

Discord

Post by Scoobienorth »

https://discord.gg/8jF2NprJ

Trying to set up a discord page chat/stream to connect the more hardcore group of bc wheelers. Not sure if it’ll take off. The forums are slow but lots of people are still active. Not sure if this will work or not but I used this with the tundra and it was nice enough to use

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 47 times

Re: Discord

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

Why not just bring them here?

I intentionally left the website description vague as to what "north" was. I started it to replace Iclick, which was dying from a complete lack of updates, but wanted it to be an option for anyone really.

I didn't start a Discord on the basis that you have limited control over it versus owning the domain and the forum that runs on it. If the forum is missing functionality or features, let me know, I can try to fix things or add features.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:59 pm Why not just bring them here?

I intentionally left the website description vague as to what "north" was. I started it to replace Iclick, which was dying from a complete lack of updates, but wanted it to be an option for anyone really.

I didn't start a Discord on the basis that you have limited control over it versus owning the domain and the forum that runs on it. If the forum is missing functionality or features, let me know, I can try to fix things or add features.
I’ve tried. I can’t even get close friends to join or post up on either site. I thought something different might work but it doesn’t seem so either. Everyone has their small group (3-5 rigs usually and I know several of these) but no one wants to let anyone in or help others or even communicate with other groups, I really don’t like Facebook as it’s just filled with bs. A couple of those groups just have their group chats on Instagram and that is it.

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

I think lately it’s been kinda pissing me off a bit, moving north is the same as when I moved south, the groups are all closed off and it’s hard to get out and find places and people to get out with. The only Facebook group I can find up north is friendly but their runs are only posted on a group chat so effectively closed, the gladiator groups are useless to anything requiring more tech than posting pics of your option package, tires, light bars and lift, but even with lifts there’s no tech just what you’ve bought is the greatest. In reality Trying to get out more this year and do some decent trips with the gladiator

Snowracer
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 82 times

Post by Snowracer »

so you are saying forums are dead and FB and IG are not good places for tech? how is a group chat going to be better?

im asking as i really have no idea as i straight up hate group chats :homer:

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

I’ve been trying to post more just on here lately as I’m not safe from customers on fb and Instagram. Posting on either of those platforms gets some people wound up that I’m not dedicating all my waking hours to their stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Snowracer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:43 am so you are saying forums are dead and FB and IG are not good places for tech? how is a group chat going to be better?

im asking as i really have no idea as i straight up hate group chats :homer:
I find Facebook and IG can get people wound up. Too much other crap comes into play. There is good tech. The wj pages on Facebook are awesome. I know 6 different groups of people like the ones on this forum that have smarts, know their stuff and would get along well. I don’t care what platform it’s on, but it would be cool to get groups back together instead of breaking apart like it has been going there won’t be any side from direct friends. All the groups I know have different forms of getting together. I just thought something newer might get the interest of more people and connect some of them. There’s world class rigs, people and terrain here but it hides. I don’t have a clue how to bring them together and it shows. I kinda did it backwards. The Quesnel guys and Houston ones with their events is a good start. It would be good to get the okanagan and Shuswap guys connected to the north.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

there is already been a bunch of the okanagan and even alberta folks that have been coming to the quesnel events and that will help grow the north for sure

Johnny5
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Johnny5 »

I suppose we’re all a little to blame haha no one really post up about any planned trips but maybe that’s the problem? With how the world is right now I feel like most trips out are pretty spur of the moment, they are for me anyway haha haven’t actually planned a trip for along time.
As for some way to get more of these groups together I’d suggest a meet and greet trail meet up or something? Im not tech savvy and dont have face book or instant grams so maybe that’s not the way or even what your lookin for haha

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

Scoobienorth wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:43 am
Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:59 pm Why not just bring them here?

I’ve tried. I can’t even get close friends to join or post up on either site. I thought something different might work but it doesn’t seem so either. Everyone has their small group (3-5 rigs usually and I know several of these) but no one wants to let anyone in or help others or even communicate with other groups, I really don’t like Facebook as it’s just filled with bs. A couple of those groups just have their group chats on Instagram and that is it.
It's incredibly hard to convince people to leave the world of Facebook or Instagram. They both completely suck for anything other than looking at random posts and daydreaming, or getting annoyed and getting in a fight, but the ease by which they present the content to the user means that little to no effort is required on their end.

From a standpoint of tech or organizing anything, they completely suck.

I wish I could be more active and actually go out and beat the drum a little at events, but it just doesn't happen. Hell, I'm trying to just get to the point that I'm working on my projects again. It's hard, but that's life.

Snowracer
Actually Wheels

Post by Snowracer »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:34 pm
Scoobienorth wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:43 am

It's incredibly hard to convince people to leave the world of Facebook or Instagram. They both completely suck for anything other than looking at random posts and daydreaming, or getting annoyed and getting in a fight, but the ease by which they present the content to the user means that little to no effort is required on their end.

From a standpoint of tech or organizing anything, they completely suck.

I wish I could be more active and actually go out and beat the drum a little at events, but it just doesn't happen. Hell, I'm trying to just get to the point that I'm working on my projects again. It's hard, but that's life.
need to get stickers and swag made up as i would rock it at events for sure :cheers:

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

I like the idea of swag. I’d kick in for a bit to help out. Especially for the local events.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

I’ve got a place local to me that does great decals and there is shirt and hoodie place in the same building been meaning to get some shop swag made up there. It might be beneficial to get it done at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer

I have a line on swag too, but haven't had time to throw together anything to get a test print done. I agree it would be helpful to get the word out there.

I can tell you running ads on Facebook wasn't. :laughing:

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

If you want I’ve got a friend who’s a pretty good artist. I could ask if He could possibly toon out a line drawing if there’s a picture you’d like to use.