Web Wheeler
Been Liked: 12 times

Re: Picture of the day thread!

Post by SasquatchCdn »

pointsnorth wrote:Image
The “my truck doesn’t start if it sits for more then a day” starter pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like a ford 6.0

Probably doesn't start if you just shut it off too...

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Post by pointsnorth »

SasquatchCdn wrote:
pointsnorth wrote:Image
The “my truck doesn’t start if it sits for more then a day” starter pack

Looks like a ford 6.0

Probably doesn't start if you just shut it off too...

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk
No that’s his other 6.0 that does that lol

Actually out of the three 6.0s this guy owns right now this back forty find I resurrected a couple years ago is the most reliable. Paid 1500 for it had me put a 4500 into and he has regularly driven it from houston to Fort Mac. Only recently he had it outfitted in Fort Mac as a pilot car and that is the reason for the bojang wiring.

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

Scoobienorth wrote:
pointsnorth wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:46 pm I miss wheeling the beach on Williston

Me too. Right up until someone drives into quicksand or goes to fast and hits a washout
Yeah I seen some pretty epic fails out there. Most times it’s guys running out of talent before running out of throttle lol

The beach sand is deceptive you can be ripping down it for a solid twenty minutes and then launch off a drop off that looked like just a small rise. been there done that lol.

arse_sidewards
Forum Addict
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by arse_sidewards »

Scoobienorth wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:51 pm Me too. Right up until someone drives into quicksand or goes to fast and hits a washout
It's incredibly satisfying to hit a washout hard enough to make your teeth hurt with zero effect on the vehicle. :smokin:

Johnny5
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Johnny5 »

When vehicles start getting older they naturally pick up spare parts...

Pulled this outta rear tire after hearing a clicking driving down road. Contemplated leaving it because it wasnt really leaking lol
Attachments
30477B32-08E4-4E9E-87C9-4E1F1A66ACD8.jpeg

pointsnorth
Trail Tamer

Post by pointsnorth »

So with maylong weekend approaching I was kind of bummed that I didn’t have anything in decent shape to wheel. The v8 Land Rover was sold. That left me the shop push car that would need a bunch of front end work and still have garbage tires, or the stocker no locker tracker. Then this happened lol
06 2.4 liter with a six speed. Originally came to me after a previous shop had it for over a year and customer was tired of sinking money into and not getting results.

When it first came to me it would pump out oil past the front crank seal at idle. like im talking a puddle in seconds. I changed the ccv valve cleaned it up and put 50 km on it and had it idle for over two hours no leaks. Customers kids drive it for a week and it’s down a liter of oil as it is leaking out the front seal again.

Customer brought it to me asking how much more money she has to sink into it. I told her nothing if you sell it to me. And now I own a Jeep lol

Crank thrust bearings were a issue on the Stick shifted 2.4 so I’ve got one on the way as well as a front crank seal

My theory is only leaks when the clutch is pushed in. Those kids driving it probably where sitting at every stop with the pedal pushed in. I topped up the oil and drove it around last night with no leakage.

Johnny5
Actually Wheels

Post by Johnny5 »

Right on man good find. Now ya can wheel it this weekend haha

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels
Has Liked: 74 times
Been Liked: 62 times

Post by Scoobienorth »

pointsnorth wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:43 am So with maylong weekend approaching I was kind of bummed that I didn’t have anything in decent shape to wheel. The v8 Land Rover was sold. That left me the shop push car that would need a bunch of front end work and still have garbage tires, or the stocker no locker tracker. Then this happened lol
06 2.4 liter with a six speed. Originally came to me after a previous shop had it for over a year and customer was tired of sinking money into and not getting results.

When it first came to me it would pump out oil past the front crank seal at idle. like im talking a puddle in seconds. I changed the ccv valve cleaned it up and put 50 km on it and had it idle for over two hours no leaks. Customers kids drive it for a week and it’s down a liter of oil as it is leaking out the front seal again.

Customer brought it to me asking how much more money she has to sink into it. I told her nothing if you sell it to me. And now I own a Jeep lol

Crank thrust bearings were a issue on the Stick shifted 2.4 so I’ve got one on the way as well as a front crank seal

My theory is only leaks when the clutch is pushed in. Those kids driving it probably where sitting at every stop with the pedal pushed in. I topped up the oil and drove it around last night with no leakage.

So much potential with that rig. Look forward to it. Remember keep it simple, get out with it and keep building your other projects. But a small body lift, tuck fuel tank and a flat belly go a long ways on a tj

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

B8128221-C432-4908-83FD-A22414DCD262.jpeg
BF921DB0-B56B-45D2-81F2-51656A05A493.jpeg
D7E48D03-24E1-4860-8261-AC1B36A39C48.jpeg
Well Steve blew his hard top on his jk to bits on the whipsaw showing off for the gram. Taking an optional hard line he had one Tire a couple feet in the air and his Jeep fell over into a big root and pushed the top over about 4” while it was bolted down. Blew one window out, the rear popped open and not sure how the opposite side one stayed in tact but it did. We got some 2 part stuff to glue it back together from brian at the autobody shop. We glued, ground, sanded, then painted black and realized we did a terrible job, so after messing around we discovered the graphite wheel paint I had laying around was actually cooler temp wise sitting in the Sun than my white Jeep, we decided to color swap the roof to try and slow down the h heat radiating off the roof which is actually really bad. So I dug out my bondo, filled and sanded some more and it kinda looks decent in pics , it’s not great up close but considering how bad the roof was, it’s decent

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

It's not just good, it's good enough. :lmao:

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

E878AA60-8792-46E7-844D-5A765BF1C5F8.jpeg
A420DE95-D1AB-4A80-92DD-348FA327F86E.jpeg
A0FB0FB4-ED66-4C5C-89A0-1CC6F6796FC2.jpeg
C0D92247-5D9E-4B38-A56A-8E4542BC6B10.jpeg
8C644042-E76D-4E9B-BCBE-6F7539EDC734.jpeg
This cart we’ve been building at work is zombie piranha hydro dipped everywhere that could be done. It’s pretty over the top. It has some real elephant leather in the seats and hand wraps on the side of the seats. MTX wet sounds head unit with speakers in the custom head liner. I’ve only got one month left working there before I leave but it is cool to see one more big build come together.

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4
Trail Tamer
Has Liked: 146 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 »

That's honestly pretty crazy.

How do you even procure elephant leather in this day and age?

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

Scott Cee AKA 2drx4 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:58 pm That's honestly pretty crazy.

How do you even procure elephant leather in this day and age?
We didn’t. The customer provided it. Apparently he’s a big game Hunter and has hunted a lot of the big game in Africa. I can say the elephant leather is really rigid. I have been assembling the seats but I’ve been having issues with hands from last year working on big rigs and was unable to stretch it over these seats and had to get a hand to get these ones started

Scoobienorth
Actually Wheels

Post by Scoobienorth »

B9E79AA5-DA84-4ED2-8E22-C1CD199B9B68.jpeg
15FDAF76-5263-4890-BC39-9CD17460C042.png
5139C443-0E32-4DF1-9A89-8DBCE2501207.jpeg
Here’s the pics of where Steve broke his top, one pic of it before and after the fix. For the video with the bang go to @cj5teve in Instagram. You can see his top pushed over and all

Johnny5
Actually Wheels

Post by Johnny5 »

Jeeps and there lego pieces breakin all the time eh hahaha, shoulda had thattop off and left at home for some summer topless fun